Little Brittney hasn't been feeling well since Sunday evening. She was spiking temperatures up to 104.3! She was feeling miserable and sleeping in our room and waking up throwing up with high temps. around 103. I thought it was probably viral, but today i finally decided to have her checked out to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. Her temp. in the doctor's office was 104.2 so they ordered blood tests, urinalysis, and a throat culture. Well, we didn't have to do the blood test because the culture came back showing strep. She wasn't complaining about her throat at all. It is so hard to know with little ones. I really don't like the high fevers with Brittney because last year she had a fibrile seizure during a temp spike and i am always afraid of it happening again. Well the pediatrician said Brittney should be feeling better soon, but no preschool tomorrow. (that made Brittney upset.) She is sleeping again, which is what she had done a lot of the last three days. Hope everyone else is feeling okay.

2 comments:
Poor girl! I used to get strep every winter until I was about 20 years old. Wasn't fun. When I worked in daycare I had a little girl that had seizure's if her fever got too high. Freaked me out every time she got sick. I never saw it happen, and I think it only did happen once or twice... but I can only imagine what it's like to be on the Mommy end of that. Praying that Brittney's fever goes down and she gets better quickly. :)
I so hope Brittney is feeling better soon! and I really hope everyone else stays OK too! Poor girly.... I hope she can get alot of sleep and is back to her old self quickly!
Post a Comment