



Another wonderful milestone has come and gone: Candace has now been with us for a longer part of her life than she was with her foster family! We brought her home when she was just over 9 months old and she is now almost 19 months old. So yeah, that was kind of a big deal to me and I knew the day that she was actually with me longer than without me! Another bit of good news: my sister-in-law, Kim, is leaving next Monday to bring home the baby girl that she is adopting from Guatemala! Candace and Maria will be about 22 months apart and I pray they will be good friends! Pray for a safe and smooth trip for her and her husband.
Have a great week!

6 comments:
Ok, I am laughing so hard right now. The things mothers do to get a good picture of their kids! I can't tell you how many pictures we have where you can easily spot goldfish or M&M's!
I love that Candace has been with you longer than she has not. That IS a milestone. I would have totally celebrated that as well. :)
Praying for the Guatemala adoption to go well for you SIL. How did she manage that? Aren't the doors closed for Guatemala right now?
I was just so glad to get a few pictures, I thought we were going to have to come back another time because she wouldn't let me put her down!
Also, Guatemala closed to any new adoptions starting after Dec. 31st 2007 but anyone who started before that date could complete their adoption. Kim started her adoption last June or July. Thankfully the governments allowed those who were already matched with a child to complete their adoptions under the old system.
The pictures got adorable!! I remember the milestone of when we had Caleb longer then he didn't have us~ that is a great feeling!! Thanks for remembering us, I'll keep ya posted!! Take Care
Sorry I can not figure out how to leave a comment with my name~ thus being the anonymous, I really am not trying to be anonymous :')
~Kim
I'm cracking up Kim!!! I'm sure you have a very busy week ahead of you!!!
Oh, so cute! I knew you had taken her for her pictures- in which let me tell you how good you do with getting their pictures taken - it's been over a year since I've had Nathaniel in there! I'm glad the pictures got good for you!
I'm so glad we have Candace in our lives and what a milestone indeed! That is certainly worth celebrating and I'd know the date too if it were me.
She is a sweet little girl!
Post a Comment