Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas is almost here!

The official countdown has begun here in our home! Alexcis and Brittney have marked the calendar with stickers and they check it everyday so that they can remind me many times throughout the day just how many days are left until Christmas! It is really neat to see them so excited. I think we are all ready for Christmas here at our house. Christmas cards sent out: check. Decorations up: check. Lights hung: check. Gifts bought: check (well almost done) Gifts wrapped: check, check. Cookies made: oops missed that one, thanks for the cookies you gave us Tawana!: check! Now we can enjoy the season!

This past weekend we had two Christmas dinners to attend. one on Saturday evening and one on Sunday afternoon. It was nice to see everyone and we had a good time. Candace was sick and i took her to the doctor on Monday morning and she has a sinus infection and an upper respiratory infection. This is the first time she has been really sick since she is home! She does not like to be sick and she lets us know that by crying non-stop. I'm hoping she doesn't get sick very often!
Alexcis also had a dentist appointment yesterday and for the first time she was a "member of the no cavity club"! She has had nine or ten cavities already and it was so nice to finally hear 'no cavities!' She was very proud of herself and promptly asked for a cookie when we got home. Wonder where she is getting all these cavities from???
Well off to get dinner started! have a great week!

2 comments:

Foxy5 said...

I loved that coming home from the dentist she asked for a cookie. Funny. I'm a bad mother and have yet to take Joseph to the dentist. I should REALLY go call right now. Next time I see you you'll have to tell me where you take your girls.

koolmomm said...

Yea! for Alexcis! I know how tough it is to have cavities all the time!! I think that this Christmas is alot of fun already and it really is the most enjoyable and special holiday of them all.