Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back To School

Things have been crazy around here as we adjust to the back to school/preschool schedule. I drive Alexcis to school each morning so we all are up and out by 8am. Then Brittney has to be to preschool by 9am so i really just kill/waste time until i drop her off. Then I pick her up at 11:30 and then Alexcis comes home on the bus and we go meet her at the bus stop at 2:30pm. So my mornings have just been kind of disappearing. Alexcis also has soccor practice two nights a week and we have had so many other things going too. But I think we are getting into a good routine now. Steve is working on remodeling the fireplace. It started with me wanting to restain the mantel and then we discovered that the mantel was just a cheep piece of wood that couldn't be stained and shouldn't have been stained in the first place (that is why it looked so bad) and so we bought a new mantel and stained it but when Steve went to put it up i didn't like how it looked against the red brick, so i thought I would paint the brick; but that was a bad idea, don't do that! :o) So Steve has demoed the brick and we have NO fireplace. Steve is going to install marble around the gas insert and around the floor in front of the fireplace.



It was such a mess to remove the tile that was in front of the fireplace. Steve said we are never replacing the kitchen floor (it has the same tiles)




It is hard to tell from this picture (I wish I had a before picture) but these are real bricks which I attempted to paint white. It was awful don't try it! :o) They were very heavy; we used the kids wagon to get them out of the house load by load.
I will post pictures when it is all done!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its hard to believe the girls are in school! Time sure does fly! They look so cute on their pictures!

Foxy5 said...

Wow, taking notes... *don't paint bricks* :)
Got it.
Looking forward to seeing the "after" Good luck Steve.